Saturday, July 5, 2008

Logan River




We decided to go to the Logan River today and play in the water, which was freezing cold I might add. We had a good time, except maybe Bruce. He was having fun and following us everywhere until we decided to cross to the other side. Jeff was on one side and I on the other to help the kids get across, then it was Bruce's turn. Jeff wanted him to swim part of the way so I just dropped him in the water thinking he'll swim to Jeff. WRONG!! He got swept away! He ended up a couple hundred feet down the river. He had gotten behind a large rock where the water was calm and Jeff had to go get him. Bruce is fine, I think he was in shock. He shook for a couple hours after we got home. Jeff however got a little banged up trying to get to Bruce. He slipped on some rocks and scrapped his calves up and a little of his back. Timmy and Emily are very happy that Daddy was able to save Bruce. They have thanked him several times since it happened.

2 comments:

Roeckers said...

Ahh poor Bruce. I hope Jeff's leg is OK.
Glad you were able to have some fun. I love this valley for the accessibility of nature.

Dian's Blog said...

Hahaha, i thought dogs could swim too, i guess i learned something new from reading your blog. Make i am going to miss Logan, it was nice getting to know you over the last couple of years, when i would come down :)