Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween is coming!

Halloween is still 15 days away, but the kids are sooo excited for it. On Saturday we went to Micheal's and they were doing a pumpkin craft for $5. I couldn't pass it up since the pumpkins themselves are usually $11.99 and they provided all the stuff to decorate the pumpkins! I would have liked to have decorated one too, but thought that I should just help the kids. Timmy made his pumpkin into a mummy and then thought it would be cool to add antennas! Emily made a cute little girl and then took the sticker off the bottom of the pumpkin and made her a pirate! It was a fun family outing!
Since Timmy didn't have school today I thought it would be a good idea to make Halloween cookies! We had a good time and we got to use the cookie cutters that we got on clearance for $5 (I was happy about the price). The kids didn't help make the dough so I don't have pictures of that, they were busy playing some weird super hero dog game. I didn't care since they were actually playing together instead of fighting! Here they are cutting the dough.




This is before we baked them!



Here are a couple pics of the kids decorating the cookies!

















These are the finished product. They look pretty good, huh?



1 comment:

Roeckers said...

I miss cookie decorating at Carols!! Maybe you should shot me that recipe so we can make cookies this weekend too. Always looking for ways to entertain the kids during the five day weekend! And since it is raining, and Rainey had an incident today I don't think we will be hitting the Zoo tomorrow

Just wish you you were around to help us make cookies, eat them and talk with!