Timmy had been working hard at earning his Wolf rank in cub scouts and he only had two more requirements to do, one of which was to visit a fire station and learn about fire safety and how to prevent fires. Jeff called the fire department and they were more than happy to have us come and visit (we also invited others from his pack). Not only did they teach the boys about fire safety, they also showed them their equipment. I think the boys had lots of fun and hopefully they learned a few things too! LOL!
Here is Timmy trying on the coat that firemen have to wear, he said it was heavy for a coat.
Here is Timmy trying on the coat that firemen have to wear, he said it was heavy for a coat.
Here he is trying on the helmet. He doesn't seem too happy in this picture, I think he just wanted to have fun and not have to stop for pictures!
Everyone got to try out the H2O fire extinguisher! I think that this was everyone's favorite part!
After having visited the fire station, Timmy only had one more requirement left to do. He had to build something useful, like a birdhouse, or bookends. He decided to make a stool. So, Jeff and Timmy made plans for the stool and got to work. I am sorry to say that I did not document that part:( and I haven't taken a picture of the finished product yet, but I will and I'll post that later! At our last pack meeting Timmy was awarded his Wolf rank! I'm sorry to say that I don't have pictures of that either, since Jeff and I are both in charge of doing pack meetings it's hard to take pictures when Jeff is giving out the rewards and I'm the one getting pinned! Oh well, I guess next time I'll ask someone to take pictures before the moment happens! Stay tuned, hopefully I'll be posting again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment