Ok, so Emily didn't really have an adventure. She just got her first set of stitches! She was climbing a chain link fence that had pokies on the top and slipped on the way down. When I first heard her crying I thought that she had been stung (it's been happening around here lately), but I lifted her sleeve and saw blood, not that big of a deal, right? Well, the only thing I had to mop up the blood was baby wipes, grabbed one and wiped up the blood, oh crap! It looked meaty and deep(I'm sure you wanted to know that). I hurried the kids to the car, went home and called the kids doctors office. The receptionist tells me that the office is closed, but I asked a few questions about the emergency room(cause I didn't want to go there). She paused for a second and says, "Oh, wait Dr. Labrum wants to talk to you." I'm thinking, "Sweet! He's in my ward, I know him, it's all good!" He told us to come in so he could look at it and ended up staying late to put in Emily's stitches! Emily did good, she wouldn't talk to anyone while she got stitched up, but she didn't cry, just stared at the wall until it was all done. Came home and celebrated with pizza and soda! So, a BIG thank you to Dr. Labrum for the nice stitch up and Chrissa for watching my other kids!
And a few pics to look at!

1 comment:
I'm so happy she's ok. I love the pictures, so cute and so Emily. :-)
Post a Comment