Sunday, November 29, 2009

Birthday Boy!!

Spencer had his first birthday a week ago, on the 21st! The last year has gone by so fast, it's just been a blur! It was a great birthday!


It is a tradition to fill the living room floor with balloons on birthdays!

Spencer playing with the balloons, he really liked them


Spencer eats a ton for breakfast, so we took him to Golden Corral for breakfast!
This is Spencer after eating a blueberry pancake, half a waffle w/ all the fixing's, cheesy hash browns, a sausage, and chocolate milk!


We decided that this would be a good day to use Emily's coupon for soft play at the fun park and took the kids to play! Spencer was having a lot of fun until Emily left him somewhere and I had to go rescue him!
He really liked biting the netting!


Exploring


Spencer and me going down the big slide, so much fun!


Spencer driving the big rig game


Hey Dad, look at me!!


When we were done at the fun park we headed over to Wal-Mart to grab some much needed whole milk and then headed home. After dinner we got out the birthday cake!
It didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it, but I think it was because the butter cream frosting I made was too soft. It's still cute and Spencer didn't care what it looked like!


For Me?
Spencer just picked the candy circles off that I made and ate those. We had to cut the cake and give him a piece because he wasn't digging into it like we thought he would.


After eating his piece of cake!

After we had cake it was time for presents! Timmy and Emily had a hard time waiting all day for this part!
Here is Spencer on his birthday present that Grandma and Grandpa sent him!(I think Emily likes it more than Spencer)!


Here is Spencer with another present he got. I wasn't expecting him to know what to do with it, but he picked up the string and started pulling it. He is a smart cookie!

The Monday after Spencer's b-day he had his 1 year check up. He is very small, only weighing 17 pounds and 5 ounces putting him in the less than 3% on the weight chart! His height is 28.5 inches, 10% on the chart, and his head circumference, he is in the 75% on the chart! Don't let his small stature trick you! He is very active and is always on the go. He is a climbing champ and has been walking for over a month! We love this little boy and are so happy that he was sent to us, even when he has climbed onto the table and is throwing things over the banister, things like cups full some sort of liquid! Gotta Go!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I truly can't believe that he's one already! Happy birthday Spencer! I think your cake turned out great, and your party and presents look like lots of fun. :)