Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

Wednesday before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. We had fun, but next year I'll remember to bring the pumpkins inside to warm up before we carve them! I always have the kids draw a picture of how they want their pumpkin to be carved and then I draw it on the pumpkin and they have at it, I usually get called in to help with the cutting too.


Emily and Spencer with Emily's pumpkin


Spencer checking out the pumpkin



Emily digging its guts out



Timmy was sick, but still wanted to carve his pumpkin



Group shots are not easy to get anymore



Timmy concentrating on cutting



Spencer climbed on the table since no one was paying attention to him



Finished pumpkins! Timmy's on the left and Emily's on the right



In the dark


This was the pumpkin Jeff did, I thought it was pretty cool!

Thursday night our ward had their Halloween Carnival. It was fun, but Timmy and Jeff stayed home do to Timmy's flu and I felt their absence! Emily and I took off early so that we could go to my volleyball game that was going on that night.

Friday night we went to Greenville's Halloween Carnival and I don't think we are ever going to go again. It was a nightmare! Way to many people and you pay $3 for 12 Tootsie rolls! I didn't take any pictures, I guess I was too stressed out about being there with so many people!
Saturday night we went Trick or Treating! Timmy tired easily since he still had not completely recovered from being sick. After we hit all the houses in our neighbor hood we all went home for some chow, left over Chinese! Emily decided that she wanted to do some more door to door so I took her out for another 30 minutes and brought back another half a bag of candy! (I keep sneaking that stuff in the trash!)
Timmy and Emily in their costumes!

I couldn't get Spencer to stand with Timmy and Emily so here Spencer in his costume!


He was sooo stinkin cute!


1 comment:

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

Your kids are so cute. Love the pumpkins! Especially the sick one. Poor pumpkin!! Spencer is getting so big!