Bruce got cherry eye!!! We knew that it could happen, it's common in cockers, but were hoping it wouldn't. So, what is cherry eye? It is when the tear producing gland of the third eye pops out. He had to have surgery to fix it, costing almost $200! Then after it was suppose to have healed it was looking really nasty, like there was a huge booger covering his eye. I took him back to the vet and found out that one of the stitches hadn't dissolved and was scratching his eye. They removed it and added a couple more medication that I have to put in his eye. I am really hoping it's done, I don't want to spend anymore money on visits to the vet!
I'm trying to get Emily into HeadStart. We have been running around trying to get everything they need that goes along with the application. She had a visit with the dentist. She was awsome! I also think that the people who work with DR. DOUG are awsome. The whole visit was a great fun time. Emily is cavity free and so is Timmy! We got lucky with the dentist appointments, someone canceled and we got their appointments for the day after I called! If we hadn't taken those, then we would have had to wait until OCTOBER!!! We didn't get so lucky with the doctors appointment. It's still a week away, but after that I should have everything I need!
Timmy starts school on Thursday! I just told him today and he was so excited!! We get to meet his teacher Wednesday night. I'm looking forward to this. I have several questions I would like to have anwsers for. One great thing is that we don't really have to buy school supplies again this year. Mrs. Skidmore has asked us to bring in a couple of things if we can and it seems reasonable to me since we don't have to supply everything.
The kids and I made cookies the other day. It was cool enough to actually use the oven and I was happy to use it. After the cookies were done we had a little tea party or maybe it was a kool-aid party since we don't drink tea. Emily made sure Timmy and I knew that, "We don't drink tea!" It was fun! It was complete with, "Pass the tea, darling" and "What a lovely day" even polite "excuse me" after little burps! It was great!
3 comments:
Those kids look so tan! They also look like they have grown a bit in just the past month!
We miss you all!
Hey Carol! I found ya! LOL
The "kool-aid" party looks like fun! I need to do more stuff like that with my kids! LOL
Awwww, looks like fun. I hope you all are having fun in Logan. I can't believe the kids go back to school already, Crazy....
Post a Comment