Friday, July 17, 2009

Trip to Iowa!

I had been feeling like I needed to visit my family in Iowa for about a week, when I got a call from my brother John telling me that Mom was in the hospital. So, I guess that was what convinced me that I should go. Jeff did some maintenance on the car and bought me the best radar detector you can buy and I was off! It took about 17 hours to get there. The kids did great (praise DVD players)! Spencer did have crying spurts the last 2 hours, but he did a lot better than I thought he would.
It could have been a better visit, but my whole family was together again (even if it was for a short time, thanks to people being butt heads, you know who you are!)and my Mom was out of the hospital! Anyway, we still had some good laughs and of course, drama. We did have fun catching fireflies, riding the four wheeler, going on walks, swimming, and going to garage sales with Grandma! Get ready for lots of pictures!
Spencer riding in the wheel barrel
My family: top left, My brothers Kirk, and John, and My Dad
me, my sister Leah and My Mom
Spencer, Emily, and Timmy
Timmy and Emily in Aunt Rhea's tree, I climbed this same tree when I was little
Timmy
Emily
Catching lightingbugs
fireflies
buttbugs
Aunt Leah and Spencer
The mullberry tree
Emily after eating a mullberry
Cute little church across from their place
My Moms crack head dog, Buddy
Grandpa and Spencer
Four wheeler fun
Grandpa and Spencer again
More four wheeler fun

No comments: