Since we live in such a beautiful place, Jeff and I decided that we need to explore it more. We are exploring Logan Canyon and probably will be for a long time! We went to Rick's Spring, named for the guy who discovered it, Thomas E. Ricks . It sits on a fault line, which created it in the first place. There was so much pressure that it collapsed and folded, creating the spring. In the center of the spring it is really deep and a very pretty blue. It is also freezing cold and I don't know how Bruce could stand swimming in it! We also found a snake. The kids were on the other side of the spring where a cave is when I heard Emily yell, " A snake, a really big snake!" She was really scared and I was too until I saw the snake. It was some kind of cave snake, small pale green, slimy looking thing and for some reason we forgot to take a picture of it. Anyway, it was stuck trying to get back up into the cave, so my hero husband found a stick and helped the poor ugly thing back into the cave! We had a good time exploring this amazing work of nature.
Jeff sitting above the spring
(close up)
Jeff again, just zoomed out
Timmy and Spencer on the little island

Everyone climbing up to see the spring from above

The spring and Bruce

Spencer around the corner from the BIG snake

Timmy
On the bridge that goes across the spring
View from above the spring

Looking down on the spring
No comments:
Post a Comment